· Promote the availability of healthy foods & opportunities for physical activity
· Advocate for opportunities during every school day for children to be physically active.
· Work within the community to make opportunities for physical activity accessible to children of all ages and abilities.
· Continue to work with the media to promote coalition eating and activity messages.
area schools, stores and restaurants
to increase access to fresh fruits and vegetables
· Encourage area restaurants to offer healthy menu selections as part of their adult and children’s menus.
· Develop innovative opportunities for food preparation education
· Partner with the local media to distribute quick, healthy meal ideas
· Partner with area grocery stores to promote the purchase and consumption of fruits and vegetables.
· Support implementation of policies that encourage physical activity & healthy eating
· Encourage schools to adopt wellness policies that facilitate the development of healthy eating and activity habits among children and adults at their schools.
· Encourage parents to limit their children’s screen time to less than 2 hours daily.
Us: Linda Lee, Co-Chair
c/o La Crosse County Health Department
Contact Linda at:
Contact Beth at: